Wednesday, October 12, 2011

So long...

No, this doesn't mean I'm leaving for the field just yet.  It simply means it has been so very long since I last posted.  A lot has been happening, so let me catch you up!

Since my last post in July I have been busy with missions service and lots of travel.  I had the privilege of driving 2000 miles on a round trip to Phoenix, Arizona, for the Assemblies of God General Council.  It was a wonderful experience, taking me through states I have never seen before, all to be a part of what was a wonderful meeting of our church fellowship.  You can take a look at some of the pictures from the journey in the slideshow below.  In Phoenix I worked each day in the exhibition area to promote Europe  World Missions.  It was a great experience to partner with my Europe missionary colleagues & leaders in sharing about the need in Europe. Our theme was BREAK 3 - less than 3% of Europeans are evangelical Christian and we want to break past this barrier.  If you want to know more about this, click here, and watch the video on the site.

Upon returning home I attended a week-long seminar on Compassion Ministries in Kansas City, Missouri.  What an eye-opening experience!  I learned much about the need to minister to the felt needs of people throughout the world, as well as about the growing epidemic that is human trafficking.  My eyes have been opened to this tragedy, which is happening every day in Europe and every country of our world, and I hope to share the knowledge gained from this seminar with the students that I teach.

Although I had hoped to leave for England in October, I am continuing to raise funds and share about Europe in churches throughout Arkansas and surrounding states.  I have currently raised 85% of my monthly budget, and well over 100% of my cash budget!  Praise God!  One of the reasons for my delay was because the request for a worker visa from the college was denied. Would you please pray that God will give me wisdom as to how to proceed in requesting a visa to live & minister in England at Mattersey Hall Christian College?  I know God has a plan.  I now hope to leave for England in January 2012.

Thank you so much for your prayers & partnership.  Until next time we are...

Partners Together,
Shannon Buckner

No comments:

Post a Comment