Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Season for Everything Under Heaven...

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Change is inevitable.  After 13 years of serving as a missionary on the campus of Continental Theological Seminary, and after much prayer, fasting and counsel, this season of ministry has come to a close.  I leave CTS with such respect for my colleagues from around the world, and with a knowledge that the ministry of Continental Theological Seminary will continue for long into the future.  It has been a joy to invest into the lives of hundreds of students over these many years - to see them enter as first-year students, prepare themselves, and graduate to go into full-time ministry.  CTS alumni are serving in more than 70 nations of the world.  I am so thankful for the opportunity I have had a little part in their preparation for ministry.

As for the future, I remain an A/G Missionary to Europe and am excited about what God has planned.  I will keep you informed of the details of ministry for my next term, but it's not quite "time" to post this information.  PLEASE PRAY during the coming weeks as my mission assignment is finalized.  Pray for wisdom, discernment, and God's divine direction.

I first sensed God calling me to full-time ministry when I was 13 years old.  I tried to run away from this calling, but God continued to show Himself faithful to me.  My call was further solidified in Bible college, and then, 20 years ago, I found myself involved in ministry as a youth pastor, short-term missionary in Cambodia, and for the last 13 years in Belgium.  Now as I look at the next stage of life & ministry, I am excited to see how God will lead and guide.

At the end of the day, ministry is all about showing the love of God and leading people to Him so they can know hope and true peace.  I pray that the next 20 years of ministry will be filled with God's wisdom, direction, and fruitfulness - but most of all, God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment