Thursday, June 16, 2011

Long drives, audio books, divine appointments

Missionary furlough involves a lot of long drives, many audio books, and special divine appointments.  Last weekend I had the privilege to attend a seminar by a former professor.  It was just what I needed.  Divine appointments.  I then took off for 24 hours of craziness, driving about 8 hours, speaking 3 times, and listening to one of my many audio books.

My morning service was in the southern part of Arkansas - El Dorado.  My evening service was in the Northeast part of the state - Cash.  With 3.5 hours of driving in between those two services, and the evening service starting earlier than most, it was quite the adventure.

But I made it! God was with me.

I believe that every opportunity that we have to share is a divine appointment.  Each church brings new people to talk to, encourage, and pray for.  Each drive not only brings a new audio book, but also time to pray, listen to God, and see new sights.  Each crazy weekend is an indicator of God's provision.  And in the midst of all of this, God can also speak to my heart directly, whether it be through a former professor, His word, new insights or unexpected interactions.

I'm enjoying furlough.  Hope you are encouraged today as well.  Remember...God loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment