Monday, May 30, 2011

Busy week...

Some weeks are busier than others...this week being one of those!  I travelled 1000+ miles (that's 17 hours!) from the north to south of Arkansas, and spots in-between.  Held 4 missions services in Monette, Crossett, and Jonesboro.  I visited with some wonderful pastors and congregations and the team is being built as these churches pray for me and give generously so that I may return to Europe!

Along the way I had to sit out a severe storm on the side of the road (with thanks to my storm watching parents who were watching the weather for me).  I also went to the Arkansas AG women's retreat where I served 70+ cups of tea, gave away over 100 bags of tea and 22 Europe testimony books!  Then yesterday, after missions services I was able to attend a church Memorial Day picnic.

For all of these adventures, this is my navigation help.  An itinerating missionaries friend is her GPS!  Although James (name of my GPS) did try to make me drive through a cotton field at one point! Bad James!

And these are some of the sights along the way.  Thankful for God's protective hand, His provision, and the opportunity to be in Arkansas for this time.  Very thankful for the many churches, pastors, and people who are praying for me and the ministry of training & mentoring in Europe.

The White River in Northeast Arkansas - recently flooded area.
Wood Street AG in Jonesboro, Arkansas
Storm outside of Crossett, Arkansas
I just thought this was cool. ;-)

One of the fun names of towns in Arkansas!


1 comment:

  1. Haha we do have some funny names. Isn't Toad Suck near Possum Grape? Tell "james" he better behave or he will be replaced. Ha! My prayers are with you and I enjoy your blog entries.

    ReplyDelete