Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Missions Convention & Sacrificial Giving

Mission efforts are about partnership.  To everyone who has partnered with me over the years through prayers & finances I say a big THANK YOU!  You can read more about partnerships by visiting my ministry blog (click here!).

I had the privilege of participating at the Arkansas Section 3 Missions Convention during this past weekend and enjoyed meeting many pastors and members of the congregations of several AG churches in this area of Arkansas.  This area has been very hard hit by rains and flooding during the past week and many churches were unable to attend as roads were closed.  
I especially enjoyed sharing with the congregation of Salem First Assembly of God.  Pastors Kenn & Elizabeth DeShane have been friends for many years as Kenn and I went to Bible College together, and later, Kenn & Elizabeth spent time in missions in Cambodia.  It was great to see them again, and to meet the members of this congregation.  My evening service, unfortunately, was cancelled due to the weather, but I hope to meet with the church in Cash, Arkansas, very soon.

A highlight of the weekend was the opportunity I had to sit at a table full of teenagers from Salem.  This "assigned" seating seemed to be divine appointment as I had a great time talking to these young people and watched as they responded and gave sacrificially to the missions offering.  One young man said he "couldn't wait to give" as he had too much money in his wallet and wanted to give some away! Reminded me of the Macedonian church from 2 Corinthians! These youth will remain on my prayer list and I pray God uses this mightily in reaching their generation for Christ.

If you can't wait to give and would like to help me get to England, simply click here and fill out the form for a monthly commitment, or scroll to the bottom for credit card donations or one-time offerings.  All donations are tax-deductible, and rewards are given in heaven!

Thank you for your partnership.

No comments:

Post a Comment