Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Budget news...

As I sit this evening and drink a cup of tea (practicing for living in England where Brits drink more tea per capita than anywhere else in the world!), I thought I would write a little budget update.

I just received my new budget today and according to my calculations, I'm at 80%. I wasn't sure how the budget would increase moving to England, but it seems to be quite comparable.  That's probably because I'm living in rural England, not in London! In fact I'll be living 3 hours north of London, pretty much in the middle of England.  Mattersey, Doncaster, Nottinghamshire, England, United Kingdom.  Yes - my address is going to be really long.

In light of this budget news, my new motto for my itineration hails from British history.  During WWII, the British government wanted to raise morale of the public as invasion loomed.  The slogan?  Keep Calm and Carry On.  It was the third in a series, with the first two stating "Your Courage, Your Cheerfulness, Your Resolution Will Bring Us Victory" and "Freedom is in Peril".  "Keep Calm & Carry On" goes along with one of my favorite verses in the Bible:  2 Tim 1:7 - "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind."  


So that's my new motto:  Keep Calm and Carry On - 20% more monthly pledges to raise, and quite a few cash offerings - but I'm confident that God is my great provider!




2 comments:

  1. Love it, Shannon! Wish I had had this when I started my 2nd itineration. I'm back on the field again now, so I can testify that it CAN be done. But there were many moments I would have needed this slogan! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting Shannon! I love your motto, and it is so applicable to today for all of us. Glad to see your budget raising, been praying for you and will continue. Was great to see you at sectional council and super picture in the other entry. I added it to my power point of prayer for missionaries. Blessing to you!!

    ReplyDelete