Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Announcing: Third Term Missionary Assignment!

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity 
under the heavens." Ecclesiastes 3:1
After 13 years of serving as a missionary on the campus of Continental Theological Seminary in Brussels, Belgium, and after much prayer, fasting and counsel, this season of ministry has come to a close and I will not be returning to Brussels. It has been a joy to invest into the lives of hundreds of students over these many years.  CTS alumni are serving in more than 70 nations of the world.  I am so thankful for the opportunity I have had to have a little part in preparing and sending them out into full-time ministry.
I remain an A/G Missionary to Europe and am excited about what God has planned.  I have a call to train, mentor, and make disciples of the next generation of ministers.  Therefore, my third term as a missionary with the A/G World Missions will take me 400 miles across the English channel from Brussels to the United Kingdom. I have received and accepted an invitation to serve as a missionary on the campus of the Assemblies of God Bible College in the United Kingdom:  Mattersey Hall Christian College, in Mattersey, EnglandMattersey Hall is a Christian College founded in London in 1909. At the heart of its mission, both the College and the Graduate School are committed to preparing men and women through an education that is innovative and marked by academic excellence for productive Christian service in vocations and ministries matched to the marketplace of the 21st Century.
I will continue mentoring and training students for ministry. Therefore my mission simply changes geographical location. I am thankful for this new opportunity to accelerate the spread of the Gospel in Europe through the formation of young lives called of God.  I will serve on the campus as a missionary, and will NOT receive remuneration - so your continued financial support is greatly appreciated!

My goal is to arrive in England in the fall 2011.  I am currently at 77% of my financial budget. If you or your church can partner with me on a monthly basis, this will accelerate my fundraising to be in England by Fall. Click here to find ways that you can partner with me financially. If you are already a monthly donor, thank you for your partnership.  If you can consider a “cost of living” increase to this monthly donation, any amount is greatly appreciated.
I also have many open dates on my calendar for missionary services.  Thank you for contacting me to schedule a service and hear about what God is doing in Europe through the Assemblies of God World Missions.  You can find my updated calendar of services by going to my Online Calendar.
We are partners together in reaching the next generation of Europeans with the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
In His Service,  Shannon
Here are some photos of Mattersey Hall.  To find out more about the college, click here to go to the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment