Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Missionary from a Distance

Even though I am currently in the USA for missionary furlough and fundraising, it doesn't mean that I am no longer a missionary!  This time in my home country is part of the missionary life.  Typically every 4-5 years Assemblies of God missionaries will return to their home country to share in local churches about what has been happening on the field.  It is a great way to reconnect with the people who have prayed for us and supported us with finances during the previous term.  Furloughs also help us to reconnect with family and friends, and allow a time away for perspective and prayer for the ministry we love so much.  They are also a time to raise the necessary funds to continue serving on the foreign field for another year.


This week I am thinking of my friends in Belgium.  Continental Theological Seminary is gearing up for a new year of training students from around the world for full-time ministry.  The faculty & staff will be meeting this week for training, and classes start next week.  New students. New courses.  New Faculty.  It is an exciting time of year!  


But at the moment, as I am in the USA and CTS is in Belgium, I am a missionary from a distance and praying for my colleagues and the ministry of training students.


Thank you for praying for the faculty, staff and students of CTS as they start a new academic year.  New students are arriving, returning students continue their studies, and God continues to raise up a new generation of young people to reach their world for Jesus Christ.


If you would like to hear more about this ministry in person, click here to send me an e-mail me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment