Monday, February 27, 2012

20/20 - The P.U.S.H to England!

Twenty years ago this year - 1992 - was the year that I moved to the mission field. I had taken two different mission trips in 1989 & 1990 to Egypt, and it was during those summers that God solidified my call to full-time missions. In 1992 I surrendered my life & location to God and moved to Cambodia. I did not return to the USA for two years after my arrival.

Twenty years later, I remain a missionary and remain committed to the call on my life to make disciples of all nations. Since 1998 I have served in Europe training young men & women for full-time ministry. My heart is to train and mentor the next generation that will reach their world for Christ. I love what God has asked me to accomplish for Him and can't do it without His help.

As I celebrate this 20th anniversary of full-time missions, I am excited about the future and committed to God's plan. I will be moving to the nation of England where I will partner with the Assemblies of God of Great Britain and their Bible school, Mattersey Hall Christian College. My role will be Ministries & Mentoring Officer and I will assist the school in developing a mentoring program and overseeing practical ministry of the students.

The college would like for me to arrive by April 1st. Before I can leave for the field, I need your help and a PUSH to England! (PUSH = Pray Until Something Happens).

20/20 = 20 people @ 20 per month
British missionary and founder of the China Inland Mission, J. Hudson Taylor (1832-1905), said: 
“God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply.”

Partnership in missions is extremely important to me. For 20 years individuals and local churches have prayed for me, given finances, and entered into a mission partnership that has spanned the globe. To the current members of "Team Shannon" - those who are praying and supporting financially - THANK YOU!
For new members to the team - Here's the 20/20 Campaign...

As I plan to depart for England by the first of April, I need 
20 CHURCHES or INDIVIDUALS to prayerfully consider giving 
20 DOLLARS each month for the next four years.

That's $240/year, or $960 for four years. Yes - it may seem like a lot, but I believe that if God has called me to go, he will ask you, His church, to send me. Sending will come through your prayers (which are absolutely vital) but also through your giving.

How can you get involved?
If you would like to become a partner by giving $20 (or more if God leads you) each month - or with a one-time or annual gift - simply 
2) Fill out the form, and you will then receive instructions on monthly giving in the mail, including a certificate of your gift that can be used as a prayer reminder.
3) If you would like to give via a credit card each month, you can download this form and mail it to: contributions@ag.org.  Access the form by clicking here.

As I move to England and carry on the work of preparing students to be church-planters, missionaries, evangelists, pastors and teachers, I am reminded that it takes all of us to fulfill God's Great Commission. I also follow in the footsteps of many great men and women:
  • British missionary and the father of modern missions, William Carey (1764-1834), said: "Expect great things from God. Attempt great things for God." I am going with expectations of what God will do.
  • British evangelist and author, Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892) said: “Never lose heart in the power of the gospel. Do not believe that there exists any man, much less any race of men, for whom the gospel is not fitted.”
England, the United Kingdom and Europe are ready for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am ready to go and attempt great things for God. I am trusting God to send me.

Thank you for your giving, partnership and prayers.
In His Service, 
Shannon L. Buckner 
Missionary to Europe Serving at Mattersey Hall Christian College, Great Britain


1 comment:

  1. Shannon! I LOVE this! You are a ROCK STAR missionary and I am proud to call u friend!! Hugs! Praying PUSH with u!

    ReplyDelete